It’s that time again, between May 17-28th The International Festival de Cannes attracts many celebrities, high profile figures, sponsors, companies and industry groups that prefer to use private aviation. Such parties depart to the luxurious South of France to take in this internationally-acclaimed gathering. This year marks the 70th edition of the festival, and you can expect the very best in film and entertainment to be in attendance. With unprecedented access to exclusive parties, luxurious hotels, Instagram-worthy residential properties, sun-drenched beaches and enormous yachts, luxury travel for the private jet traveler is an understatement.
Flying to Cannes
In our realm, Cannes represents the 2nd biggest event for private jet travel, only being surpassed by the Superbowl. It’s no surprise that this stunningly beautiful destination is one of Europe’s private jet hotspots. Attendees of the festival have a variety of options to arrive and depart during this coveted event. The most popular airports include Cote d’Azur, followed by Nice and Mandelieu airport, which is only accessible by private jets.
Once arrived, we suggest skipping the congested traffic and consider a private helicopter transfer which can get you to the festival stage in a matter of minutes.
- 109 is the average number flights during the film festival per day
- The most popular type of jets at the festival are Light Jets 35% (seats7-9) followed by 31% Long Range Jets (seats 14)
- 200, 000 people arrive in Cannes for the festival each year.
- More than 80% of private jet flights to the Cannes Film Festival are international
That’s a lot of travel.
About The Festival de Cannes
Cannes represents the very best in film and entertainment. It’s a coming together of extraordinary beauty, exceptional talent, and extraordinary craftsmanship. Currently, in its 70th showing, the Festival de Cannes is one of the world’s biggest red carpet opportunities for bold fashion and elaborate display – nothing is considered over the top. This year Especially to the local economy, the Festival’s impact is increased by the fact that it usually overlaps with travel to two other major events in France that attract a similar VIP audience – the Monaco Grand Prix and the French Open (in Paris). So many private jet customers will move between these events over a matter of days.
Facts about the Festival:
- The most prestigious award given out at Cannes is the Palme d’Or (“Golden Palm”) for the best film. It’s made of 24-carat gold
- The budget of the festival is 20 million euros, half of which is derived from public funding
- Cannes is the second largest media event after Olympics since 4,000 journalists attend the festival each year
- Party much? Vanity Fair, Vanity Fair, amfAR charity, Amazon Studios, 1Oak, Chopard Gala are some of the can’t miss parties of the event
- The Super-Yachts are where the most exclusive party. Look for Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen to invite a select few festival-goers to board his 413-foot yacht, Octopus. Not to be outdone, Ukrainian-born billionaire and Warner Music owner Len Blavatnik will again dock his 164-foot yacht, Odessa, named for the city where he was born, outside the festival for another of his customarily lavish parties.
- Cannes is embracing television, make sure you check out great submissions from both Amazon and Netflix
- No celebrity endorsed event is complete without the coveted gifting suites. Some of most notable to look our for include, GBK, DPA, Nathalie Dubois DPA
How to book your Private Travel to Cannes
Choose the way you fly, fly private. For a quick quote call our 24-hour operations 1-855-538-5893 or let’s connect by email firstname.lastname@example.org. With a selection of over 6000 flight options, we have the perfect private aircraft to suit your needs.